||Coordinates intraoperative care of the patient.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
|Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Licensed in
the State of Wyoming as a Registered Nurse.
|A minimum of two years surgical experience desired. Prefer
additional experience in medical/surgical nursing.
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of nursing theory.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to implement aseptic technique.
- Understanding of proper positioning techniques, aneshetic procedures
- Knowledge of surgical instruments, use and care.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, techniques, and consequent nursing
- Ability to recognize emergency situations and assist in corrective
- Knowledge of the policies, procedured, philosophies, goals, and
objectives of ambulatory surgery.
- Recognize and report hazardous equipment.
- Coordinate planned nursing care with other health care team members.
- Monitor the sterile environment.
- Assist anesthesia, scrub and medical personnel to assure a smooth
- Assist in preparation of the sterile environment.
- Assist in proper preparation and planning of supplies, medications,
equipmnet, and instruments used to attain optimal patient care and
- Participate in patient care and education conferences.
- Assist the pre- and postoperative patient assessments and teaching.
- Assist in organizing and developing policies and procedures.
- Develop effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- check all emergency and OR equipment prior to the first surgical
case of the day.
- Maintain current competency record.
- Maintain good physical and mental health.
- Help prepare each room daily wiping down equipment with appropriate
- Assist scrub personnel "pulling" cases for procedures.
- Determine availability of necessary equipment and supplies and assist
in ordering and procurement.
- Identify patient prior to surgery.
- Review the patient's chart for completeness and for relevant history
and special needs.
- Escort or transport patient to the OR.
- Position patient safely, properly and comfortably according to the
needs of the surgeon.
- Assist anesthesiologist during induction of anesthesia.
- Perform aseptic surgical prep, assist with draping if appropriate.
- Help to dress members of the surgical team.
- Maintain vigilance looking for breaks in technique.
- Anticipate needs of the surgical team.
- Supervise sponge and needle counts.
- Coordinate with ancillary services (e.g. Pathology) as required.
- Procure items needed by surgical team or by anesthesia during the
- Accept, label, log all specimens.
- Assist with surgical dressing.
- Assist in transportation or escort of patient to postanesthesia
- Report intraoperative events to the receiving nurse as well as pertinent
patient historical data.
- Assist with room clean-up and turnover
- Must be able to approach his/her job in a reasoned, reasonable manner.
- Able to organize and prioritize assignments, duties, responsibilities.
- Able to identify, analyze, implement effective problem-solving.
- Display initiative, flexibility, and adaptability in hisher career
- Able to maintain cheerful, poised, professional demeanor in the
face of adversity.
- Enjoy working in an environment with diverse people.
- Show initiative for self-development and continuing education.
- Able to accept and give direction.
- BCLS certified.
- ACLS certified.